Server Upgrade

This forum is for announcements and assistance.

If you have not re-registered for this forum, please see F.A.Q. 2 in this section
Scones
Owner

Server Upgrade

Post by Scones »

Morning everyone.

I've just come back on here to see if it's still being used. Because of work commitments I've not been on here in maybe 2 years, but I'm glad to see that it's still in use.

The reason I've come on here is that the server that hosts this forum is going to disappear in a week's time, and I was wondering whether it was worth migrating this forum on to a new server. As I can see that it is still in use, I will move it.

Hopefully you will not see any difference during the move, and services will continue as normal.

Gary
Life is all about balance, beer is all about not losing it
Scones
Owner

Re: Server Upgrade

Post by Scones »

Just to give you the latest update.

I only have until Sunday night to migrate the forum before the old server is lost.

I am currently struggling to get it working on the new server because this version is not compatible with PHP8.2

If I do not get it resolved by Sunday night, the forum will be offline until I do manage it.
Scones
Owner

Post by Scones »

The current forum would not migrate to the new server as it stood.

Because of this I have had to upgrade to the latest phpBB version, 3.3.11.

The down side to this is that we have lost the link to TapaTalk and the Love button. Neither of these were compatible with the latest version.
We have also lost the logo from the top of the page, but I am hoping to get that back.

Scones
Scones
Owner

Post by Scones »

If you are reading this post then you are accessing the forum on the new web server.

As I said in the previous post, we have lost the Like button and we have lost the link to TapaTalk. The Like button is no longer supported, but I believe I may be able to restore TapaTalk when I have the time.

As you can see, I have managed to re-instate the logo, but it still doesn't fit properly. Something else for my ToDo list

Scones