Forum returned

This forum is for announcements and assistance.

If you have not re-registered for this forum, please see F.A.Q. 2 in this section
Scones
Owner

Forum returned

Post by Scones »

As you have no doubt noticed, this forum has been unavailable since early Saturday morning.

This has been because of problems experienced by the hosting company. The server that hosts this forum was accidentally wiped. Unfortunately, so were a large number of other servers. It has taken until 7am today for the hosting company to recover my server to a consistent state to enable it to be turned back on.

I have spent the morning checking it over to ensure that all is okay.

Unfortunately, the database service was corrupted so I have had to delete this service and rebuild it. Thankfully, the backup that was available was taken at 1am on Saturday, only 6 hours before the server died. I doubt that any posts were made during this 6 hours so hopefully no posts have been lost.

Gary
Life is all about balance, beer is all about not losing it
Scones
Owner

Re: Forum returned

Post by Scones »

Unfortunately, it appears that the hosting company are still experiencing problems which is affecting the load and availability of their servers.

Because of this, the server that hosts this forum keeps dropping off the internet for short periods.

Hopefully these periods will become less frequent and shorter in duration as they start to get back to normal.
Life is all about balance, beer is all about not losing it